NexMetro is an innovative real estate developer that is revolutionizing how consumers think about housing. Marketed under the name “Avilla Homes”, Avilla neighborhoods combine the benefits of luxury residential single-family living with the convenience, flexibility and professional on-site management of a Class A apartment community. The result is a new residential hybrid housing option, detached single story homes in prime suburban locations that are highly differentiated from traditional rental products. Founded in 2012 to build and deliver the Avilla Homes concept across the US, NexMetro has offices in Phoenix, Dallas, Denver, and Tampa.
The ideal candidate would be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and preparing legal documents, assisting with the closing of real estate and lending transactions, as well as organizing and maintaining files. To be successful in this role, you will need to be proficient with Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat. You will also need to be able to multitask effectively, have strong attention to detail, and thrive in a busy, team-oriented environment.
- Preparing notices, letters, filings, applications, minutes, checklists, certificates, legal correspondence, and other documents for inhouse attorneys.
- Providing general legal assistance in real estate, lending, equity, construction and leasing transactions.
- Preparing and reviewing corporate organizational documents.
- Proofreading title and legal documents to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Reviewing and analyzing real estate and finance documents and preparing abstracts and closing binders for review by inhouse attorneys.
- Producing documents related to the development and implementation of corporate policies and templates.
- Communicating and coordinating with various internal departments and with outside professionals.
- Working on special assignments that may require conducting fact or legal research and preparing reports and summaries.
- Organizing and maintaining legal documents in an electronic filing system.
- Certificate of completion from an ABA-approved paralegal certification program of education and training, or an associate degree or undergraduate degree in paralegal studies.
- Associate degree or undergraduate degree preferred.
- Prior real estate and finance experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of legal and transactional documentation, including entity formation, governing documents, loan documents, real estate closing documents, property management agreements and NDAs.
- Working knowledge of real estate terminology and real estate and finance documents.
- Ability to read and review surveys and title documents for items that may have an impact on project development.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with Abode Acrobat and Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, manage time-sensitive documents and have exceptional organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to function effectively in a busy, team-oriented environment.