NexMetro is an innovative real estate developer that is revolutionizing how consumers think about housing. Marketed under the name “Avilla Homes”, Avilla neighborhoods combine the benefits of luxury residential single-family living with the convenience, flexibility and professional on-site management of a Class A apartment community. The result is a new residential hybrid housing option, detached single story homes in prime suburban locations that are highly differentiated from traditional rental products. Founded in 2012 to build and deliver the Avilla Homes concept across the US, NexMetro has offices in Phoenix, Dallas, Denver, and Tampa.
The Development Manager, under the general direction of the VP, Development, oversees and manages market research, due diligence, site acquisition, entitlements, land development, financing, and construction. Primary responsibilities include day-to-day activities involving the coordination of professional services such as architects/engineers, government agencies involved in entitlement and approval processes, community groups involved with a project, and general contractors. Monitors the overall timeline and tracking of progress and development budget and keeps the development team apprised of project status.
- Serves as a primary point of contact for Phoenix region and provides day-to-day oversight of all aspects of project management; consults frequently with VP, Development
- Performs due diligence tasks, evaluates property for development potential and risks, prepares feasibility studies including market, site feasibility, entitlements, and project economics.
- Prepares preliminary construction estimates, proforma and detailed budgets at various project stages from due diligence to lease-up.
- Accountable for project cost control and profitability.
- Organizes and categorizes development guidelines for various municipalities, including general plan guidelines, zoning regulations and other guidelines/regulations critical to development.
- Coordinates with architects and other professionals on preliminary and working drawing design.
- Hands-on project management including direct oversight of third-party general contractors, including a focus on managing P&L
- Ensures project is on time, on or under budget, and built to the highest standard of quality.
- Uses appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs.
- Maintains positive and productive relationships, and effectively communicates with all project stakeholders to mitigate risk and maximize profitability.
- Creates and maintains comprehensive project documentation.
- Assists management throughout entitlement process by working with project consultants and engaging with government officials and community leaders to appropriate formal approvals.
- Provide oversight of third-party general contractors’ entire construction and design teams including all consultants throughout the period of construction.
- Collaborate closely with accounting, finance, asset management, marketing, and legal to ensure a successful project development for all stakeholders.
- 4 – 8 years of experience in real estate development; preferably with experience in multifamily sites
- In depth knowledge of the real estate development process; including entitlement, product design, construction, and financing
- Entrepreneurial aptitude combined with a strong work ethic and the desire to learn.
- High financial acumen
- Ability to think critically and execute sound judgement.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and communicate need-to-know information upstream as warranted.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Detail Oriented