NexMetro is an innovative real estate developer that is revolutionizing how consumers think about housing. Marketed under the name “Avilla Homes”, Avilla neighborhoods combine the benefits of luxury residential single-family living with the convenience, flexibility and professional on-site management of a Class A apartment community. The result is a new residential hybrid housing option, detached single story homes in prime suburban locations that are highly differentiated from traditional rental products. Founded in 2012 to build and deliver the Avilla Homes concept across the US, NexMetro has offices in Phoenix, Dallas, Denver, and Tampa.
NexMetro is seeking to hire a junior attorney with a focus on real estate transactions, debt financings, and private placement securities offerings. The position will be located in Phoenix, AZ at our corporate office at 24th Street & Camelback. Local candidates preferred; limited relocation assistance may be available. Hybrid in-office / work from home work schedule. We offer a competitive salary, bonus potential and a great benefits package.
The junior attorney will be part of the Company’s legal team and report to the Associate Counsel. The junior attorney will work closely with acquisition, development, asset management, accounting, finance, and tax professionals within the company and with outside counsel. The role will involve assisting with the legal structuring of real estate investments and working on term sheets, purchase and sale agreements, joint venture agreements, equity subscription documents, loan documents, general contractor agreements, and property management agreements. This position will have exposure to a breadth of work and involvement across all aspects of real estate transactions.
- Support in-house attorneys and the organization in handling a broad range of legal issues for multi-family real estate transactions.
- Review and draft numerous types of agreements for real estate joint ventures, financings, acquisitions, development, operations, leasing, and dispositions.
- Prepare notices, letters, filings, applications, checklists, certificates, legal correspondence, and other documents for in-house attorneys.
- Prepare and review corporate organizational documents.
- Perform due diligence reviews and support the transaction closing process.
- Manage and ensure compliance with contractual critical dates and obligations.
- Proofread title and legal documents to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Review and analyze real estate and finance documents and prepare abstracts and closing binders for review by in-house attorneys.
- Work on special assignments that may require conducting fact or legal research and prepare reports and summaries.
- Organize and maintain legal documents in an electronic filing system.
- JD and membership in good standing in at least one state bar.
- Preferred experience in securities law, commercial real estate law, multi-family real estate law, transactional law, and/or corporate law.
- Ability to analyze and resolve legal matters and develop appropriate solutions to enable the team to achieve company objectives.
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills with others at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet key deadlines, and have exceptional organizational skills in a fast paced environment.
- Capacity to learn new substantive legal topics as needed.
- Effective at representing the company’s interests.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Knowledge of real estate terminology and real estate and finance documents.
- Must be able to function effectively in a busy, team-oriented environment.