NexMetro is an innovative real estate developer that is revolutionizing how consumers think about housing. Marketed under the name “Avilla Homes”, Avilla neighborhoods combine the benefits of luxury residential single-family living with the convenience, flexibility and professional on-site management of a Class A apartment community. The result is a new residential hybrid housing option, detached single story homes in prime suburban locations that are highly differentiated from traditional rental products. Founded in 2012 to build and deliver the Avilla Homes concept across the US, NexMetro has offices in Phoenix, Dallas, Denver, and Tampa.
The Project Manager, this position will report to the VP, Development, oversees and manages market research, due diligence, site acquisition, entitlements, land development, financing, and construction. Primary responsibilities include day-to-day activities involving the coordination of professional services such as architects/engineers, government agencies involved in entitlement and approval processes, community groups involved with a project, and general contractors. Monitors the overall timeline and tracking of progress and development budget and keeps the development team apprised of project status.
- Participates and contributes in the development of preliminary construction estimates and budgets at various stages from due diligence to lease-up.
- Coordinates with architects and other professionals on preliminary and working drawing design.
- Accountable for project cost control.
- Organizes and categorizes development guidelines for various municipalities, including general plan guidelines, zoning regulations and other guidelines/regulations critical to development.
- Hands-on project management including direct collaboration with internal construction team and third-party general contractors.
- Weekly site visits to monitor quality and progress of construction sites.
- Performs due diligence tasks.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques.
- Identify, report, and escalate anticipated and actual problems to supervisor.
- Perform on-going risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain positive professional relationships with internal resources, third parties, and vendors.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- 1-4 years experience in real estate-development, engineering, or construction
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and communicate need-to-know information upstream as warranted
- Outstanding organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills